Friday, July 2, 2010

"Lord I'm Amazed By You"

I want to share with you a project that our family and a few other families have been working on but it's not quite time to make public yet. I'm waiting on one more thing and can't wait to show you!! Maybe today - if not today, then soon!

So in the meantime, I wanted to share a story of something that happened shortly after we returned home with Samson. Yesterday, while I was driving, I heard the song, "Lord I'm Amazed by You" and I was reminded of this...

Samson and I joined a local adoptive family play group that meets at McDonald's once a month. Our first time there, only a few weeks home, I was sitting chatting with the mothers while the kids were playing in the playground. Samson had bravely ventured off to the playground with a new friend.

As the mothers and I were chatting, I heard a child singing at the top of their voice, "Lord I'm Amazed By You". It was beautiful! The child sang these words over and over. I smiled to myself because I play this song a lot in the car.

Then it dawned on me, this was Samson singing!! This was my son singing in this amazing loud and beautiful voice!! My son who knew very little English at the time sang the words with much clarity.

I looked up to find his face peering down right at me from a window in one of the climbing things. When he saw I noticed, he stopped singing, blushed and came running to me.

He knew very little English but he heard this song often enough that the words had grown on him.

Isn't our God Amazing?!!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Our God truly IS amazing! I LOVE that song too! Wonderful story....KARI AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR END PRODUCT!!!