Monday, January 18, 2010

Funny things...

We enjoy watching Samson's development progress. It's especially fun to see his interpretation of things. We are amazed at how fast he has developed his language skills but equally amused at how he relays and takes in information. Here are just a few examples:

Many times I call Avery by her first and middle names. For example, if her middle name was Jane, I would call her Avery Jane. Samson sometimes calls me "Mommy Jane".

Samson just started wearing "big boy" pants. He is not fully potty trained but experimenting. He likes to ask me if he can see my "big boy" pants.

He calls both Grandma and Grandpa, “Grandpa”. So if Grandma comes in the room, he will say, "Hi Grandpa!"

When I apply his lotion, I have said, "Mommy's going to put your lotion on." Now when he sees lotion, he says, "Look mommy! Lotion on!"

Each morning after we drop his sisters off at school, he will ask, "Mommy, where is Lauren" and I reply, "at school". Then he will ask about each girl. After I tell him that they are all at school, he says, "Mommy, Samson go to school?"

He loves garbage trucks and can spot one a mile away. Anytime we drive by anything that is a pickup size or bigger, he says, "Whoa! Mommy look! Big truck!" The joys of boys!

He has two different voices, one we like to call his Elmo voice that he uses when he wants something and the other is his Cookie Monster voice that he uses when he tries to be tough and gruff.

We go once a month to McDonald's for a adoptive family play group. This month when I was sitting at a table conversing with the other moms, I heard a child singing one of my favorite worship songs at the top of their lungs. The voice was coming from the top of a tower. I was just thinking about what a beautiful voice that child has and realized that it was Samson singing.

2 comments:

Adventures of Antone said...

Its so amazing to read how far Samson has come!

Tanya said...

This makes me smile!