Our agency gave out a batch of referrals last week and according to our specialist, they had several toddler age children. Unfortunately our son was not one of those.
So, we continue to wait. Steve and I talked last night about how we feel our life is on hold. We didn't schedule a winter vacation because of the what ifs and now we can't even talk about a summer vacation, because most likely that is when our son will come home at the rate things are going.
School was called off today due to icy conditions. This has been a long winter for our family and looking back, we wish we would have scheduled a winter vacation. But I'm trying to look on the bright side of things. That is, if we wait until next winter to take a warm weather vacation, our son will be with us.
Even though I have low moments, I'm really trying to be optimistic during the wait. God has brought our family through quite the change since we started this journey. Although this journey has not been easy, the challenges have allowed us time to grow. And for that, I can be thankful. We are even more ready to receive our son into our lives.
Our specialist also informed us that the time between referral and travel went from 12 weeks to 16 weeks, which means if we get a referral soon, we will not travel until June.
There is a reason for God's timing and His timing is perfect. We can't even begin to imagine the big picture of things unseen happening around us. God is intentional - He knows what He is doing.
Tabagon Fun! This past weekend we watched our friend's two girls. The 5 girls had a blast sledding yesteray afternoon. Can you see Avery?