Tuesday, May 5, 2009

REFERRAL!!!

Our social worker called Monday (May 4th) at 3:00 p.m. with a referral for a 2 year, 3 month old boy. His name is Yihun and it means "let it be". She forwarded us an email with his file and I tried calling Steve's cell phone 3 times in a row but he never answered. I also tried calling his work (which I never call) and I got to the directory but kept pushing the wrong buttons on the phone and could never get to him. I finally called his cell phone one last time and left him a message to call me. What seemed like an eternity later, he called and I told him the news. Apparently he didn't feel his phone ringing.

Yihum is very handsome. He has very large eyes, round face and is healthy. We noticed and others have made comments as well that he shares similar features with our daughters Lauren and Avery. In other words, he looks like our family. He's defiantly our son.

I can't even put into words the feelings and emotions that have been going through our family this week. We are over the moon with excitement, exhausted, overwhelmed and joyful, just to name a few.

As our family celebrates our new son, we also think about his birth family, their loss of a son and his loss of the only family he ever knew. So, you can imagine how we can cry out of joy one minute and cry out of sadness the next. Like, I mentioned, words can't even begin to describe the emotions.

No comments: